Facts About The W.A.C.® Signal Whistle
(Important to read prior to use of the whistle)
The W.A.C.® whistle is a tool and not a toy. Its special design makes it:
- Non-chokable - Child-friendly
- Durable - Tested in extreme conditions
- Highly effective - Decibel ratings reaching the equivalent of a loud rock band
- Can be heard over long distances, under rubble and over other loud noises
- Is an effective deterrent against an attacker
- Brings needed attention to the user
- Endorsed by National Search and Rescue
An extended blow of the whistle into someone's ear can cause pain. Scientific research shows that it takes an extended time for sound from the whistle to create the possibility of hearing damage.
According to the a National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (1998) guideline, if you must be exposed to noise, it is recommended that you limit the exposure time and/or wear hearing protection. The decibel ratings for the W.A.C.® whistle would be similar to that of a rock or band concert, an ambulance siren, chain saw or power drill.
Consumers must use the W.A.C.® whistle at their own risk.
WHISTLE AWAY CRIME®, its representatives and/or employees take no responsibility for the misuse of this product.
WARNING: W.A.C.® only endorses its own products. There are products on the market that are inefficient, cause severe ear damage, or break easily.